Monday, December 6, 2010

Grid Portrait

The Grid Portrait was probably one of my favorite things we have done in this class! I have never done anything like this before and I was really impressed with how easy it was once you look at the picture in little boxes and just draw what you see in each box. (originally we tried drawing our face from memory, then from looking at the picture, then with the grids) I just used a normal #2 pencil for this piece- as well as my finger to smudge the pencil and shade it.  This assignment really helped me look at things as little pieces and not just the whole huge thing I had to do.  I am pretty happy about how it turned out- though my eyes are a little too far apart!! hahahaha its ok.  I will just have to make another one someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment