Monday, December 6, 2010

Chinese Brush Panting

This project was really really fun! We used authentic style brushes to make the authentic style chinese bamboo paintings!  We used black water color- rather than ink- because that was what was available to us.  I think it is awesome that we could make do with waht we had and it still turned out awesome! We had the oppertunity to use authentic rice paper, which I did, but the ink absorbed differently than the paper we were practicing on, so it didnt turn out the way that I had hoped it would.  I have posted my practice piece of paper as well because I liked it so much.  I brought the practice paper home with me and one of my roommates brought over a girl from China.  I had the paper sitting on a desk, and I had forgot I had it there and the Chinese girl was like "Wow! Who does Chinese calligraphy?! It is bamboo!"  she was sooo excited and so was I- because she knew what it was supposed to be!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment